Thursday, November 3, 2016

Growth Mindset: Growing your writing style

This week when writing my storytelling post I expanded to trying a new type of writing. At the beginning of the semester our professor gave me an idea of taking a country song a writing a story to the music. So I decided that this was the week to give it a try. This past week I have had three songs on replay. One of the songs was Love Triangle by Raelynn. This song was stuck on my brain when I was trying to read through the stories this week. Once I got to the story tattle coat I couldn't get the song off my brain. I then came to the realization that the song was about being split between parents, and the story was about not having parents around. This is when I realized it was my week to try something new. I think my new story writing idea went pretty well. I have some wording that doesn't flow real smoothly, but I am definitely trying to work on it. I think it went over so well that it will be the next story I add to my portfolio. I am just going to wait and see what the feedback is from my classmates this week.
 Image result for Raelynn
Raelynn
Link:Flickr
by: Justin Higuchi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! I absolutely love Raelynn, She was the opener for Blake Shelton this summer, and I probably could've left just after seeing her performance and have gotten my moneys worth of entertainment! She is awesome. And we got a selfie after the concert!

    ReplyDelete