Sunday, August 28, 2016

Growth and mindset

Before this class I had never heard of Carol Dweck or Growth and mindset. From her videos I learned that if I don't do well on a test don't see it as I fail in that subject, it's the fact that I don't understand that subject yet. It made me feel stupid when I wouldn't do as well as my friends on tests. In my experience I have not done well on tests. After the first test I didn't do well on I didn't think I could do well in the class much less on the next exam. After watching this video i look at those exams as subjects I didn't understand. I just needed to get a better grasp of the information. If I would have had this mindset before now I might have been able to do better in some of my classes. Her second video reminded me of high school. In high school I took AP classes but to me the classes I was taking were just a waste of time because I really wasn't learning anything. When I got to college I really regretted the fact that I didn't ever study in high school. I think these are things that high school kids should watch. I really can't wait to learn more about growth and mindset. I hope to use this process in numerical methods because I am really worried about this class.  
Image result for not failing
Which road will you take?

No comments:

Post a Comment