Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Reading Notes: Bible Women, Part B

The story that stood out to me for these parts of reading was the stories of Ester. The one that really caught my attention was the third story. I think that it must have really been love for the king to be willing  to give Ester whatever she might want without even knowing what she was going to ask for. I also wondered when I was reading what all Haman had to go through to get the position of where he was. I also wonder what all acts it took for the king to trust him enough to make proclamations. Along with the fact that he didn't even question why Haman truly wanted to make the proclamation. So a couple ideas I had would be that the king would question why Haman would want the Jews killed, making him go into more detail that he had already given. Another twist would be whenever Ester and her uncle sent out the amendment to the kings previous ruling that along with giving the Jews the right to kill anyone who might hurt them, that they would also get the right to kill Haman who set a bounty on their heads!
Haman meets his fate, by Normand
Link: Ester

Bibliography:
Bible Women Unit, Ester, King James Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment