Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Option choices for this semester

When given the list of stories I could read for this class it was really hard to pick just a few out to read this semester. For the second week of class I took the selection that really stood out to me which was Bible Women. This was a pretty easy choice for me because I am a woman and these are the ladies that gave women a start to where we are in the world today. I have always wanted to read about the women of the Bible, so this just gives me a reason to read about them. Another that I would like to read is Europa's Fairy Book. I would love to know where some of my favorite fairy tales come from. For the same reasoning I would like to read about Andersen Fairy Tales.I know that fairy tales are different from culture to culture. That is why I also chose Jewish Fairy Tales, these however are about animals instead of princesses and love stories For the rest of the semester I think I will have fun with the tons of different choices I have to pick from. One that stood out to me the most was Jamaican Stories. This series stood out to me because I have been to Jamaica before, while I was there I loved learning about the culture and some of their history. A couple of years ago we toured Rose Hall which is haunted by the white witch. I was intrigue hearing stories about that plantation and would love to hear more about Jamaica.
Rose Hall Jamaica Photo D Ramey Logan.jpg

Photo:Wikipedia



"Tale as old as time"
Photo:BlogSpot

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found topics you like here, Ashley - super! About Jamaica: I collected more books from the Caribbean this summer, so when you explore the Freebookapalooza library of free online books next week, take a look at the Caribbean section. There is so some good stuff in there! Freebookapalooza : Caribbean (each title is a link you can click on to learn about the book, see table of contents, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also chose to add Bible Women for my week 2 and 3 readings. By looking at your other choices, I can tell that you really like fairy tales. I have not look at the Jamaican Stories. Since it catches your attention, it might be more interesting than I think. I am looking forward to read your story and comment about the Jamaican Stories.

    ReplyDelete