Thursday, August 25, 2016

My story book favorites.

When looking through the storybooks all of my favorite choices ended up being about fairytales. I love the way some people can take fairytales and turn them into a brand new story. The first story I picked was the Fairytale Case Files. This is a topic that I have never read about any place else. It is a very interesting idea. Reading the introduction really intrigues you to read the story to learn more about Wolfgang Forrester. The introduction does a great job of catching readers attention. The design of the website really fit the type of story that the author is going for. Wolfgang Forrester lives in the shadows, so it is fitting that it’s a dark themed site.

The next storybook I looked at was Mermaid Tales of the World. This is an entirely new topic to me. The title did do a good job of letting you know what the storybook was about. While the introduction did do a good job of explaining the topic it really didn’t intrigue me to read the rest of the storybook. The layout of the page seemed a little weird to me when it was on full screen of my computer, however, when I used split screen it looked a lot different and actually was more intriguing. There weren’t any images on the introduction page. It might have been more intriguing if there was a “picture” of Nerissa the mermaid that was writing the letter. To me the introduction page compared to the rest of the introduction pages was missing something.






The third storybook I read was Forgotten but Not Gone . This I think would be a good twist of Princess stories. I liked the fact that it wasn’t about Princesses who are “perfect” it is about princesses that have been exiled because of the way they act in public. I always felt like girls are expected to be “perfect” and act like princesses, while this book tells stories of princesses who are not perfect. This introduction made me want to finish reading the storybook because it was so unique and different. I think the layout of the page was very useful. I like that they split their introduction into paragraphs and made it actually feel like you were reading a letter. Something I might use for my storybook.
In the shadows of the night.
Photo: Wikipedia 

No comments:

Post a Comment