Monday, August 29, 2016

Reading Notes: Bible Women, Part A

When reading part A the stories that really caught my attention were the stories of Rachel and Leah. Jacob worked for 7 years to have Rachel as a wife, in today's society I don't think there is a guy out there who would work for 7 years to marry a girl, if there is there aren't very many guys who would be willing to fulfill the commitment. A good plot twist here is when their father gives Jacob Leah instead of Rachel Jacob gets angry and rushes out the door. I was thinking for a plot twist to this story that Rachel should not be "in love" with Jacob. It would be kind of like a love triangle but there are also the two maidens. I was surprised that Jacob had 4 "wives". I didn't know that back in those days that was something that could happen. I was also surprised by the fact that not only were the sisters okay with sharing a husband but their father agreed to the deal. For another plot twist I could make it were Jacob couldn't produce any kids, or if he did have kids that they would go against him and his beliefs. Therefore, they would produce all females instead of mainly males and one female.


The Relocation of Jacob, his wives, and children.
Picture by Von Carolsfeld. Link: Story of Leah


Bibliography:
Bible Women, Stories from the Bible, author not sure
Link: Bible Women

No comments:

Post a Comment