Sunday, October 30, 2016

Famous Last Words, Internship Opportunity

Well this week started off pretty well. Back in September I attended the Engineering Career Fair here at OU. Attending this career fair gave me a chance to network with some well known companies in the engineering field. During the 4 hour event I was able to talk to twelve different companies that have opportunities for my major. During this time I went looking for a company that I would like to intern for this summer. This was the first time I had ever been to a career fair, I was really nervous. I started off at a company that I had talked to at lunch before so that it was a familiar territory. While I was there I talked to a company I was really interested in working for, PEC, which is a Professional Engineering Consultant company located in Oklahoma City. After talking to the representative about why I would like to work for PEC and opportunities PEC held for me I was super excited to get to talk to them in the future. Well fast forward to the end of last week, I was excited to find an email in my inbox from a manager at PEC! I ended up talking to the manager back and forth where at the end I accepted an offer to work with PEC in their Oklahoma City branch. I was thrilled to find out that they wanted me to intern for their company next summer. I can't wait to see what opportunities this internship will hold for me next summer. I look forward to having the skills that I have been learning for four years put to use, where I can also learn more about the way the engineering business world works. That is how my week turned out and it ended on such a happy note!Image result for professional engineering consultants
This world is full of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment