Sunday, October 9, 2016

Week 8 Reflections



1) Readings

I think that I have been making great choices for my reading selections. My favorite stories that I have read are the Brer Rabbit units. I am not constant on my reading schedule as my schedule changes every week. There has been one week that I made no reading but I made up for it with the extra reading options! I think that as my notes have progressed it is easier for me to come up with stories to write about each week. I do think about story options while I am reading each story. It is kind of hard to wonder and focus at the same time though!

2) Writing

I am happy with some of the stories that I have wrote so far. They all could use a lot of work. I am not a very creative person. I also am horrible when it comes to writing papers. I usually have to have my friend proof read emails before I send them because I can read them out loud to myself and they will make sense but when she reads them they will not make sense. When I have a question I usually google the question or ask my friend for help. I really need to work on my grammar skills. I would also like to try different storytelling options. I think I need to use google translate to read my stories back to me more often.



3)Connecting



The thing I like the most about looking at other people stories is the different writing styles. I don’t feel like I am creative enough to try different writing styles. I think I have been doing okay when giving feedback. Like I said I am not a grammatical person so it is hard when it comes to that type of feedback.


Writing is a journey
Photo by: Laura Gibbs Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment