Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

After reading through this lesson I found out that I have some areas that I am strong in and some areas that I am weak in. First I will talk about the areas I think I am strong in. One thing I believe I have a lot of is finding motivation myself. I don't like having to look to other praise for rewards. I think you have to be self motivated enough to do your own work. I spend a lot of my time worrying about my grades instead of worrying about learning the material. I try to always push myself to go further but sometimes it doesn't always work. In this class I try to stay inside my comfort zone.  I can work on this by the way I write my stories for this class. I am already mentally preparing myself for things to change. In life I know there are a lot of changes that are fixing to happen and I am already working on mentally preparing myself for those changes. I am taking a long term view in life by trying to figure out where I want to be in 5 years. I am doing this by finding internships for next summer hat I believe will get me ready for the next few years. I really need to start asking more questions through out all my classes. I really need to focus on how to improve my skills and this will definitely help. I think I should work on my questioning skills this next part of the semester. I also need to start coming out of my comfort zone in my classes.
I know I can improve.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    I agree with you that we need to find motivation within ourselves. If we find it from somewhere else, it won’t be our best work or even something we wanted to do in the first place. You should definitely keep an eye out for internships and anything than could give you an idea of what you want to do. I know it is something I wish I started earlier! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete