Sunday, September 25, 2016

Google Timer Tech Tip

I think the tech tip portion I really like the idea of using a timer while studying. Some of my time management tricks are to make list of things that I need to get done and put them in order of priority. Another thing I do to manage my time is to limit what I can do for a certain period of time. I will start on one part of homework and when I finish that part of homework I take a short Netflix break and then go back to homework. I encourage myself with Netflix breaks because when I am in the middle of a season I really want to know what is happening. I think just setting a timer would be a great idea. I don’t do in now but I can see myself using it in the future. I think if I set a timer I would be able to limit how long I spend on each assignment. 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    I've been trying to use a timer while studying as well, but I tend to get frustrated when it goes off and I'm in "work mode". How long do you set your timer for? I tried 20, 25, and 40 minutes, and for me, 40 worked the best. I just didn't feel like 20 or 25 gave me enough time to really get into what I was doing. Oh, and you're pretty brave taking Netflix breaks between study sessions!! If I did that, my break would somehow turn into 3 hours. Maybe that speaks to my self control... ha! :)

    ReplyDelete