Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Reading Notes: Jewish Fairy Tales

This week I chose to read the Jewish Fairy tale books, the first story I read was The Giant of the Flood. When reading this story I came up with a few different ideas that I could use for story telling this week. You could keep the fact that Noah didn't want his son around and bring into into current times and instead of it being Noah and Og it would be a girl who doesn't fit her mom's imagination and style of what a girl should look like and how she should act. This happens a lot in this day and time so she could be banished for being a "tomboy" or getting a tattoo. The next story I read was The Beggar King, this to me reminded me of a "Freaky Friday" type story. I think a good plot line would be a Freaky Friday occurrence but instead of a mom and daughter maybe a bully and a kid that stands up to the bullies. The last story idea I got after reading these stories was from  The Quarrel of the Cat and Dog, to me this would be like a middle school girl drama option where the girls make a pact not to date a boy and then one starts flirting with the boy when the boy is flirting with the other girl. The other two stories I really didn't come up with any ideas that I thought would be a good story line, I will still think on them and if I do I will comment on this post.

Ething by Hendrik Hondius


Bibliography:
The Giant of the Flood, Gertrude Landa  
The Beggar King, Gertrude Landa
The Water-Babe, Gertrude Landa 
From Shepherd-Boy to King, Gertrude Landa
The Magic Palace , Gertrude Landa

No comments:

Post a Comment