Monday, September 19, 2016

Reading Notes: the Arabian Nights unit part A

For this series I had a hard time being creative when coming up with ideas to write about basically because it was like a story inside a story inside a story. The one that stood out the most to me was the The Greek King and the Physician Douban. The reason this one stood out to me the most is because it's a story about jealousy. It can be about a president who likes their provost better than they like their Vice President. There are many options that can be used with this story so I think this is the one I can get most creative with and I can make it like a story inside a story by adding a mother telling the story to her daughter.

Bibliography
Arabian Nights, By Andrew Lang
Scheherazade
The Merchant and the Genius
The First Old Man and of the Hind
The Two Black Dogs
The Fisherman
The Greek King and the Physician Douban
The Parrot and the Ogress
 The Physician's Revenge
The Sultan and the Fish
King of the Black Isles

The King with his Wife and Sister-in-law
posted by: Laura Gibbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment